Re: Has the Content-Length issue been resolved?

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, John Franks wrote:

>> Has the Content-Length issue be resolved?  I.e. is the Content-Length
>> value the length before or after a Transfer-encoding is supplied?

  [nice summary of alternatives]

RT> 4) require the "outermost" t-e to be the chunked t-e

RT> I personally like 4) because it requires the least changes to client code,
RT> but I can live with either solution. Note that if t-e's are going to be
RT> computed on the fly then servers will have to resort to chunking anyway.

  Agreed - I thought that Jeffs note proposing this as the easy way
  out was a simple solution that is almost certainly a
  backward-compatible solution, and we've heard nothing to the contrary.

--
Scott Lawrence           EmWeb Embedded Server       <lawrence@agranat.com>
Agranat Systems, Inc.        Engineering            http://www.agranat.com/