Re: more on digest (was: Unidentified subject!)

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 10:46:48 -0800
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
>date should not change.  Apache doesn't change any other header fields,
>near as I can tell from looking at the code.

Marc Slemko just reminded me that, in addition to the date fields
I already mentioned, the Apache proxy will remove the Connection header
field and any fields listed in its value, change the response
HTTP-version to HTTP/1.0 (since the proxy is not yet HTTP/1.1 compliant),
remove leading spaces in any header field value
(eg. "Foobar:  this" --> "Foobar: this"), and change continuation lines
into a single line.  AFAIK, none of that should affect Digest.

....Roy