RE: What is Content-Length?

From: Paul Leach <paulle@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 13:01:37 -0800
To: Josh Cohen <joshco@microsoft.com>, 'Larry Masinter' <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Cc: "'koen@win.tue.nl'" <koen@win.tue.nl>, mogul@pa.dec.com, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Before we can just "resolve quickly", I'm worried about the possibility of
existing implementations of (e.g.)

   T-E: gzip

   <gzipped stuff, XXX bytes long>

which means that C-L is, defacto, the length of the message-body.

Absent info on such an implementation(s), we can invent lots of internally
consistent schemes, but they wouldn't conform to existing (presumably) RFC
2068 compliant implementations.

Anybody know of such implementations?