RE: What is Content-Length?

From: Paul Leach <paulle@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 11:46:55 -0800
To: "Life is hard... and then you die." <Ronald.Tschalaer@psi.ch>, 'John Franks' <john@math.nwu.edu>
Cc: http wg <http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com>

> ----------

Mumble. I'd guess that they aren't all self-delimiting. If so, and if
they're implemented (likely, otherwise, how could they make it into the
Draft Standard), then that means that Content-Length is de-facto the length
of the message body.

The same argument applies, by the way, the Transfer-Length -- if we add it,
there won't be any implementations, so we'd have to recycle at Proposed (OK
by me, but not necessarily to others).

Paul