Re: WG Last Call for draft-schulzrinne-http-status-00.txt

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 17:54:33 PST
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
I believe that there is not (and will not be) consensus for
draft-schulzrinne to move forward in the HTTP working group.

a) We recommend that new status codes go through standards track
b) We recommend that other protocols that wish to layer ON TOP OF
  HTTP do so by using some other header, in conjunction with
  existing HTTP headers and warnings
c) We recommend that other protocols that are really separate
   but are not HTTP use other than 3-digit status codes.

Do these match what everyone's talking about?

Larry
--
http://www.parc.xerox.com/masinter