Re: making progress on cookies

From: Dave Kristol <dmk@bell-labs.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 17:13:57 -0400
To: Judson Valeski <valeski@netscape.com>
Cc: http-state@lists.research.bell-labs.com, http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
At 9:30 AM -0700 10/12/97, Judson Valeski wrote:
>The combination of the wire protocol and privacy concerns regarding cookies
>led to quite a divergence
>from the technical landscaping of the draft in working group discussions.
> [...]

I'm unsure what you mean by "led to quite a divergence from the technical
landscaping of the draft..."  Were the privacy provisions all present in
Netscape's original proposal?  No, but some were.  And if you're implying
that the privacy concerns were never discussed adequately on the list,
that's simply not so.

Dave Kristol