RE: making progress on cookies

On Fri, 10 Oct 1997, Yaron Goland wrote:

> An alternative proposal is to take the signed cookie draft and combine
> it with the protocol draft and put that up as the standard. That way we
> don't have to argue over heuristics which prevent legitimate
> functionality and instead use a policy based system backed up with
> authentication.

This alternative would not be a complete solution since it would drop
the default specification for cookie privacy when the cookie presented
was not signed.

I have no problem with an alternative which includes completing work
on the signed cookie proposal but I see that as additional specification
and not replacing some form of the existing privacy specifications.

Dave Morris