Re: some thoughts on extensions on REQUEST line.

From: Ross Patterson <Ross_Patterson@ns.reston.vmd.sterling.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 97 09:19:59 EDT
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Sanjath <sanjath@itsol.itsprojects.com> writes:

>       So, my thought was to add a line of info, which will provide
>       the language of preference

Take a look at RFC 2068 section 14.4, which describes the Accept-Language
header field in HTTP 1.1.  This allows a client to specify the what
language(s) it will accept for response documents.

>                                  and geographical location if
>       provided by the request originator

This has been discussed before, at least somewhat, but nothing ever came
of it.  If you're interested in the topic, you might start with a
search of the list archives at

Ross Patterson
Sterling Software, Inc.
VM Software Division