Safe header -> experimental RFC

From: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 19:38:32 +0200 (MET DST)
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Cc: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>

rom the Munich minutes:

 [17] SAFE [18] UAHINT
 Given the current status, Keith Moore's suggested these be released as
 Experimental RFCs. Larry Masinter will initiate this.

I am the editor of the Safe draft (but not the UAHINT draft), so I have
submitted a new, rfc-ready version of the Safe draft to the ID
editor.  I have also made a copy available at

   http://gewis.win.tue.nl/~koen/draft-holtman-http-safe-03.txt

ABSTRACT

   This document defines a HTTP response header field called Safe,
   which can be used to indicate that repeating a HTTP request is
   safe.  Such an indication will allow user agents to handle retries
   of some safe requests, in particular safe POST requests, in a more
   user-friendly way.

If there are any comments, I'll try to process them as quickly as
possible.

Koen.