Re: DATE-IF-MODIFIED

JG> In other words, an HTTP client
JG> should preserve all of the accuracy in the Last-Modified date,

RP> It's not just a date, so how about "HTTP-date" instead.

  In what way is it not just a date?  The Last-Modified header is
  defined as

    Last-Modified  = "Last-Modified" ":" HTTP-date
    HTTP-date = rfc1123-date | rfc850-date | asctime-date

  each of which are just dates...

  If you refer to the addition of '; size=nnn' extentions on the
  If-Modified-Since header, I believe that is just not in conformance
  to the protocol.  That header is defined as:

    If-Modified-Since = "If-Modified-Since" ":" HTTP-date

  which does not allow for any extention.

--
Scott Lawrence           EmWeb Embedded Server       <lawrence@agranat.com>
Agranat Systems, Inc.        Engineering            http://www.agranat.com/