Re: Last-Modified in chunked footer

From: Scott Lawrence <lawrence@agranat.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 09:00:54 -0400
To: HTTP Working Group <http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com>

  In principle, I would have supported the less restrictive rule that
  any header field can be sent in the trailer unless it is
  specifically required to be in the header, but I think it is very
  late in the game to be changing the rules on the client developers
  now.

  There have been some good arguments for why Last-Modified-Date and
  perhaps Vary could be generated more accurately if they were allowed
  in the trailer, and I think that we should consider them and perhaps
  others.  I don't object to either of these (in our implementation we
  can always send them in the header).

  I think that objections either to these or others from client
  developers (including proxies as clients) should be given extra
  weight.

--
Scott Lawrence           EmWeb Embedded Server       <lawrence@agranat.com>
Agranat Systems, Inc.        Engineering            http://www.agranat.com/