Re: 301/302

From: Josh Cohen <josh@netscape.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 17:42:28 -0700 (PDT)
To: Foteos Macrides <MACRIDES@sci.wfbr.edu>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
>      The "307" proposal will allow CGI scripts to work with at
> least 99% probability of success with both HTTP/1.0 and HTTP/1.1
> browsers.  Think about it some more.  Try it, you'll like it!!! :) :)

So, am I correct in saying that the new CGI must check the version
of the *REQUEST* before deciding which code to send back ?

I assume that SERVER_VERSION is the server version, not the request
version.  I dont have the CGI stuff in front of me, is there
a variable to tell the CGI script what the request version was ?

Josh Cohen <josh@netscape.com>		      Netscape Communications
Corp.
http://people.netscape.com/josh/
                                "You can land on the sun, but only at night"