Re: FW: revised trusted cookie spec

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 01:04:26 PDT
To: "Jaye, Dan" <DJaye@engagetech.com>
Cc: "'http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com'" <http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
It was hard to separate your quotation from your statement, but I think
you said:

> My proposal does not put the privacy policy inside the state mgt
> mechanism.  A separate PICS-Label header is used.  It merely
> establishes how you relate cookie handling to privacy policies.  Do
> you think it is unnecessary to establish that link (from within the
> http protocol)?

I think a privacy policy should be more comprehensive than merely a
policy about cookie handling, so a Pics-Label header that's solely
useful for labelling cookies seems pretty useless to me.

Larry
--
http://www.parc.xerox.com/masinter