Re: RE-VERSION

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 17:49:22 -0700
To: Klaus Weide <kweide@tezcat.com>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
>On the flip side, however, if the proxy has been configured to deny
>the request for the URL, then the error response will be coming from
>the origin server and not the proxy. :(

What I meant by that is the side of the Apache proxy that thinks it
is an HTTP/1.1 origin server, rather than the proxy code itself.

BTW, in case I didn't mention it, I think combining a proxy and an origin
server into a single application is a terrible idea.  Don't let the
CERN example fool you into supporting it, even if the ex-CERN users
are constantly begging at your door.

....Roy