Re: 301/302

"Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@kiwi.ics.uci.edu> wrote:
>As Foteos hinted, swapping the meaning of 302 and 303 is a solution
>to the implementation problem.  I don't think it would affect Apache much.
>However, it would require universal agreement among the rest of the
>implementers, and it would require recycling HTTP/1.1 as Proposed
>and not as a Draft Standard.  It is not something to be taken lightly.

	Unfortunately, when I get stuff I wrote back from a list server
and re-read it, it often becomes clear that I don't understand what
I'm talking about.  For a 301 on a POST, does that really mean
substitute the new RequestURI for all future submissions, or only
when the content is identical to that of the current submission?

				Fote