Re: ISSUE CACHE-DIRECTIVE: What is the proposal?

From: Jeffrey Mogul <mogul@pa.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 97 11:02:44 MDT
To: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>
Cc: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
   Reading the issue list, I am not sure what the proposed change for the
   CACHE-DIRECTIVE issue is.

The link, under Proposed Solution, is to
	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Protocols/HTTP/Issues/cachedirective.txt

Unfortunately, nobody has gotten around to editing that message to
reflect what the editorial group decided:

    change the grammar for
        cache-request-directive =
                         "no-cache" [ "=" <"> 1#field-name <"> ]
        cache-request-directive =
                         "no-cache"

This same email message is being used as the problem statement for
CLARIFY-NOCACHE:

    Also, the meaning of no-cache="field-name" in a response probably
    needs to be made more explicit.

I'm the responsible party for drafting the clarification, but this
being postponed while we are working on proposals for substantive changes.

-Jeff