Re: draft-ietf-http-negotiation-02.txt

Graham Klyne:

>At 07:59 PM 7/14/97 +0200, Koen Holtman wrote:
[...]
>>No, this looks about right, though I would add
>>
>>  feature-set --> ftag
>
>I cannot find a syntax production for feature-set in your draft.

There is none, I drew the arrow to mean `uses'.  Feature sets are an
important concept in the draft, but as they never appear on the wire,
there are no syntax rules for them.

>>>* Section 8.4:
>>>
>>>Are there any circumstances in which a response from a transparently
>>>negotiable resource is not required to include an 'Alternates:' header?
>>
>>Yes.  If the response is an error, list or adhoc response, Alternates
>>need not be included.
>
>Aha!  So Normal and Choice responses containing a transparently negotiated
>resource are required to carry an 'Alternates' header?

A transparently negotiated resource may never send a normal response
(see the table in section 12.1), but you are right about  the choice
response.

>GK.

Koen.