New feature tag registration drafts available

From: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 22:43:02 +0200 (MET DST)
To: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
Cc: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>

I have made two new drafts about feature tag registration available at
the usual place:

 http://gewis.win.tue.nl/~koen/conneg/

The drafts are:

 draft-ietf-http-feature-scenarios-00.txt
     `Feature Tag Scenarios'
     Discusses why we need feature tag registration.

  draft-ietf-http-feature-reg-01.txt
     `Feature Tag Registration Procedures'
     Defines feature tag registration. Best Current Practice track.

The registration procedure is heavily based on

       N. Freed, J. Klensin, J. Postel, Multipurpose Internet Mail
       Extensions (MIME) Part Four: Registration Procedures.  RFC
       2048, BCP 13, Network Working Group, November 1996

I have tried to generalise the feature tag registration procedure, so
that it does not apply to TCN alone anymore, and is independent of TCN
specifics.  In fact, the new registration draft makes no reference to
TCN at all!

The new registration draft defines a namespace which could also be used
in `active content' negotiation and maybe even in internet fax and
printing.

Happy reading!

Koen.