Re: HTTP/1.1 & Proxies

From: Josh <josh@netscape.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 06:18:41 -0700 (PDT)
To: Graham Klyne <GK@acm.org>
Cc: Josh Cohen <josh@netscape.com>, http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com

> There would be a *presumption* that any server/proxy that added a trail
> entry claiming to be HTTP/1.1 (or whatever) would obey some defined set of
> rules.

This is really the bigger problem.  We need to detect a finer grain
than 'http/1.1'.  We need to check for either compliance
or implementation of optional parts of the spec or enhancements.

Josh Cohen				        Netscape Communications Corp.
Netscape Fire Department	     	      "Mighty Morphin' Proxy
Ranger"
Server Engineering
josh@netscape.com                       http://home.netscape.com/people/josh/