HTTP Download

From: Malcolm Messiter <malcolm@messiter.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 11:55:33 +0100
To: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
Hi!

I wonder if you know the answer to this one ...

I've written a Proxy Server with DsSock32.OCX, and it's
now almost perfect. One issue remains though:

When downloading .ZIP or .EXE files with SOCKS4 or FTP, all
is fine, via my proxy.

When downloading these with HTTP, the first 3k or so of the file
are missing, yet the rest is perfect. It won't unpack of course.

Other stuff via the Proxy's HTTP (HTML, GIF, etc) is fine, and the error
only
happens with EXEs and ZIPs. I suspect it could be to do with the pause
before I click "Save As" in MSIE3. But I'm unsure.

I'm a bit stuck now! What do you think it might be?

Thanks if you know!

Malcolm
Malcolm Messiter
Trans-Send International Ltd