Re: First draft of negotiation requirements document

On Jun 17,  3:14pm, Scott Lawrence wrote:
(deletia)
> ID> 4. Requirements for effective content negotiation
>
>   I would like to see some discussion in this section expressing a
>   preference for solutions which do not require an additional
>   client/server round trip.  Something along the lines of what you
>   have now regarding bandwidth.

Would it be enough to change the first sentence to:

"Content negotiation methods should also accomplish their task without
substantially increasing the bandwidth or number of network round
trips required to deliver the negotiated variant over that required to
deliver similar invariant content."

Or does this require a limit on the amount of acceptable increase?  If
it does require a limit, do you have a sense of how much that should
be?

> ID> 5.2.1. Elective negotiation
>
> ID>           "Transport   Content Negotiation in HTTP"
>     should be "Transparent Content Negotiation in HTTP"

Whoops!  Thanks for catching this.

			regards,
			 	Ted Hardie
				NASA NIC