Re: First draft of negotiation requirements document

From: Scott Lawrence <lawrence@agranat.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 15:14:17 -0400
To: Ted Hardie <hardie@thornhill.arc.nasa.gov>
Cc: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com

  As one of 'those contributing to that discussion', I'd like to start
  by thanking you, Ted; very well done.  Aside from the couple of
  comments below, I believe this sums up the requirements nicely.

"ID" == <draft-ietf-http-negotiation-scenarios-00.txt>

ID>      Scenarios for the Delivery of Negotiated Content using HTTP
ID> 4. Requirements for effective content negotiation

  I would like to see some discussion in this section expressing a
  preference for solutions which do not require an additional
  client/server round trip.  Something along the lines of what you
  have now regarding bandwidth.

ID> 5.2.1. Elective negotiation

ID>           "Transport   Content Negotiation in HTTP"
    should be "Transparent Content Negotiation in HTTP"

--
Scott Lawrence           EmWeb Embedded Server       <lawrence@agranat.com>
Agranat Systems, Inc.        Engineering            http://www.agranat.com/