Re: Proxy Keep-Alive

From: Anawat Chankhunthod <chankhun@netapp.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 11:14:11 -0700
To: Andrew Goodman <andrew.goodman@opentv.com>
Cc: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
> Does someone know about the details
> of how proxy keep alive works in HTTP/1.0?

Work exactly like "Connection: Keep-Alive" in 1.0.
Browser that smart enough will send "Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive"
instead of "Connection: Keep-Alive" when it talks to proxy.

> Under what conditions should connections be closed?

Same to "Connection: Keep-Alive". However, I have never seen
netscape or IE send url for multiple sites over the same connection yet.

> Who implements it besides Netscape Proxy Server?

Netcache from Netapp. (Formerly know as Internet Middleware Cache, which
formerly known as Commercial version of Harvest Cache.)

> What clients use it?

AFAIK, Netscape and IE.

Anawat