Re: New feature negotiation syntax

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 01:52:25 PDT
To: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>
Cc: Dave Kristol <dmk@bell-labs.com>, http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
>A good requirements document states the problem and a set of tests that
>would verify that the problem has been solved.  I think Ted Hardie made
>a start on those two items, whereas I don't think Koen's statement does
>either.

Yes. The universal reaction I get when I ask people why they
think we're not making progress on TCN is that there isn't
agreement on the requirements.

Since Ted has made a good start, I'm hoping he'll volunteer to
shepherd the requirements document through the process. Otherwise,
we'll need someone else to try to manage the document through
the consensus process.

Larry
--
http://www.parc.xerox.com/masinter