Re: New feature negotiation syntax

LM> Perhaps this is another of those "it should go without saying",
LM> but interworking of clients with all servers should be a
LM> requirement of any extension to HTTP.

  While I generally agree with you on this, Larry, the logical
  conclusion to what you say above is that most extentions should
  become mandatory parts of HTTP.  That will ensure opposition from
  someone to almost anything.

  The current situation with Digest Access authentication is
  unfortunately a good example of what can happen when there is not
  enough pressure created by the standard (or to be fair, by enough
  users) to cause the most important (large market share) vendors to
  deploy it.  Those of us who have shipped it (or our users) can't
  really get much value from it.

  My hope is that once an agreed-upon TCN standard exists (even if
  only Experimental) that we will be able to show that it does solve a
  suffiently large part of the problem to create user support for it.

--
Scott Lawrence           EmWeb Embedded Server       <lawrence@agranat.com>
Agranat Systems, Inc.        Engineering            http://www.agranat.com/