Re: An experiment in producing RFC1122-style requirements checklist

From: Josh Cohen <josh@netscape.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 16:07:03 -0700 (PDT)
To: Albert Lunde <albert-lunde@nwu.edu>
Cc: rlgray@raleigh.ibm.com, http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
> Non-caching proxies may be used to access thru firewalls, or as we
> are doing at our institution, for inward access to domain-limited
> services. In our case, we are using a netscape proxy server
> with caching off, but I think the firewall tool kit has
> a simpler non-caching proxy, and there is definely an
> application "niche" for this sort of thing.
This is true.  I would definitely agree that the non-caching
proxy is common, and has different uses, as well as different rules
 than a caching proxy.

So, I think it would be worthwhile to list them differently.

Josh Cohen				        Netscape Communications Corp.
Netscape Fire Department	               "My opinions, not Netscape's"
Server Engineering
josh@netscape.com                       http://home.netscape.com/people/josh/