Date/time on the Internet

From: Misha Wolf <misha.wolf@reuters.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 19:18:53 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-html <www-html@w3.org>, HTTP WG <http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com>, meta2 <meta2@mrrl.lut.ac.uk>, dsig collect <w3c-dsig-collect@w3.org>, Eric Miller <emiller@oclc.org>
[Apologies for cross-posting]

I'm trying to locate, or failing that establish, a sensible place to discuss
issues around date/time on the Internet.  There seems to be consensus around
a movement towards some profile or quasi-profile of ISO 8601, but different
communities are taking different approaches and this may cause trouble later.

PICS appears to be using a quasi-profile of ISO 8601, by which I mean a
non-conforming profile.  Note that I have no view either way on this, but am
stating it for the sake of clarity.

Chris Newman, in "Date and Time on the Internet" (draft-newman-datetime-01.txt)
is defining a conforming profile of ISO 8601.

If you can suggest an appropriate mailing list and provide joining instructions,
please do so.

Misha
misha.wolf@reuters.com

===