Re: NS, Verisign, Firefly proposal [was Re: Revised charter , milestones

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 00:57:15 PDT
To: guthery@austin.sar.slb.com
Cc: paulh@imc.org, http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
I'm sorry for having quoted the newspaper article, but I
was just using it as further evidence that attempts to
schedule a revision of 2109 that dealt with any changes
to the cookie privacy issue inside the HTTP working group
would be unlikely to get credible community consensus,
since the parties involved in the press release don't
seem to be active members of the discussion.

I'm wondering if we might avoid some of the difficulties
if we issued an update (rather than a replacement) to
2109 that only dealt with the set-cookie2 difficulty.

--
http://www.parc.xerox.com/masinter