Re: HTTP State Management Mechanism (Rev1): EndSession attribute

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 23:31:54 PDT
To: Michael Giroux <mgiroux@worldnet.att.net>
Cc: "'http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com'" <http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com>
> I never tried to claim that I had the perfect solution.  My understanding
> was that the http-wg would discuss issues and hopefully come up
> with acceptable solutions.

The HTTP-WG is currently primarily discussing those issues that have
arisen
in the interpretation of the HTTP/1.1 spec we delivered and the
implementation of HTTP/1.1, or those few issues which we decided to
leave on our agenda.

It's an open mailing list, and of course people post interesting
problems
and we discuss them a bit, but I feel some responsibility for cutting
off discussion on "new" issues if we're not getting anywhere on them.

We're currently considering a new draft of PEP, a Protocol Extension
Protocol.
Could your session ending state be implemented with PEP?