Re: State management

From: David W. Morris <dwm@xpasc.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 11:20:42 -0700 (PDT)
To: Ted Hardie <hardie@thornhill.arc.nasa.gov>
Cc: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Ted Hardie wrote:

> At different points during the Memphis meetings
> we talked about the need/possibility of splitting
> state management into a seperate working group.
>
> As a straw poll, what do people think the
> work of such a group would be, and is that
> work best dealt with in a different group?

I don't think a new WG is needed with all the salient overhead ... but we
do need to take the task 'offline' to a reconsituted and more open
subgroup. What I think we primarily need is is an offer to host the
mail list serving the group along with a list archive. (The largely
dormant mail list used by the original state managment sub-group is
actually run as a sendmail alias with heavy duty manual effort required
as a result to add to the list.  No echo back to submitter, no archive,
etc.)

Dave Morris