Re: Issues-list item "DISPOSITION"

From: Kevin J. Dyer <kdyer@draper.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 16:21:19 -0400
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>, Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>, http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
> Subject: Re: Issues-list item "DISPOSITION"
> > I think WEBDAV is chartered to solve new problems like this one.
> It's not.
>-- End of excerpt from Larry Masinter
Thanks for the backup, and I'm not going crazy.  I just spent the last day
reviewing the archives of WEBDAV and this topic of a UA using the C-D as a
suggested filename on download is somewhere in the new black hole that was

I understand that the C-D section is a documentation of the current pratice.
But, what is the collective say of the WG about the future DISPOSITION
direction.  I've initiated a private discussion with members of WEBDAV, but
who should be driving the bus?  IMHO, the WG should since it is general

						Kevin Dyer

Kevin J. Dyer					Draper Laboratory  MS 23.
Email: <kdyer@draper.com>		        555 Tech. Sq.
Phone: 617-258-4962				Cambridge, MA 02139
FAX: 617-258-2121
   "Beware Geeks bearing GIFs"   Author Unknown