A linguistic note on unverifiable transactions

From: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 22:04:12 +0200 (MET DST)
To: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
Cc: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>

This reminds me: if you are a browser vendor implementing (some parts
of) 2109, please do *not* use language like

  [X] disable cookies in unverifiable transactions

in your preference setting panels.  It is not only ugly, it is
imprecise as well, because 2109 talks about the option

  [X] disable cookies in unverifiable transactions on domains which
      do not domain-match the domain of the origin transaction.

`unverifiable transaction' is fine terminology for specs (disclaimer:
I believe I invented it), but in end-user applications you should say
something like

  [X] disable third-party cookies

Thanks,

Koen.