Back from the grave: Unverifiable Transactions and Cookies

Oh boy. It looks to me like the 'but unverifiable transactions are GOOD'
crowd just went the guerilla PR route. Those of you who get ClariNet
should check out the article titled: "****Online Professionals Support Web
Cookies 04/23/97" <URL:news:Naf6_35U@clari.net>, clari.tw.top. If you were
to take what the 'Association of Online Professionals (AOP)' says at face
value you would think that the WG had just proposed turning off ALL
cookies by default (naughty, naughty WG).

Fair use excerpt:

  Among the negative impacts, according to McClure are a "potential
  loss of services from online services such as MSN, which rely on
  cookies for passwords, preferences and other common tasks; loss of
  all electronic commerce that relies on cookies, including those
  based on the "shopping cart" models; and loss of one of the major
  methods of advertising effectiveness analysis for Web sites that
  rely on such revenues and sponsorships for their economic base."

Am I crazy or of the items they list is the ONLY one *actually* affected
the "loss of one of the major methods of advertising effectiveness
analysis for Web sites"?

The Big Lie lives....

--
Benjamin Franz