WARNINGS issue (was Re: draft minutes, HTTP-WG meetings April 7)

From: Jeffrey Mogul <mogul@pa.dec.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 97 10:18:15 MDT
To: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
The draft minutes say:
    -- Jeff Mogul will respond to syntactic changes proposed by Koen
       Holtman for the HTTP-warning draft; if appropriate, a new version
       of the draft will appear.

Koen and I discussed this briefly at WWW6, and then he was offline
for a week.  We've now agreed that no change is necessary, since the
original proposal in draft-ietf-http-warning-00.txt actually already
addressed his concern.

This means that as far as we're concerned, the proposal in
draft-ietf-http-warning-00.txt is ready for "last call" and,
if nobody objects, to be applied as edits to the text in RFC2068.

-Jeff

P.S.: draft-ietf-http-warning-00.txt contains a Note (on page 10)
to the effect that we could save some bytes by defining a modified
version of the HTTP-date format ... but Koen and I agree that this is
probably not worth doing for HTTP/1.1.  This explanatory Note is not
part of the actual proposed edits, and so should not delay any WG action.