RE: Issues-list item "CACHING-CGI"

From: Vinod Valloppillil <vinodv@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 13:27:09 -0700
To: Ari Luotonen <luotonen@netscape.com>, mogul@pa.dec.com
Cc: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
Sorry to randomize y'all a bit but,

Microsoft Proxy Server v1 caches objects that don't have LM.

Over the course of the billions of objects we've proxied, we've found
that all objects that generate dynamic output (as well as all authoring
tools that generate dynamic HTML) have some other directive (e.g.
immediate expires; cache-control:private, etc.) that indicate the
non-cacheability of the object.