RE: mid-course errors

From: Dave Kristol <dmk@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 97 09:28:26 EDT
To: yarong@microsoft.com
Cc: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
Yaron Goland <yarong@microsoft.com> wrote:
  > [about the problem of server-side things going bad after the response
  > headers had been sent]

  > One could always invent a 1xx response which says "This current response
  > just went south."

No, then it's too late.  Because the server has already sent the
response headers, the client would be looking for the entity body, not
headers.  My whole point was that, once the server began sending the
entity body, there's no way for it to inform the client, "Whoops,
things have gone bad."

Dave Kristol