Re: Digest Authentication, Netscape, and Microsoft

From: Scott Lawrence <lawrence@agranat.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 21:08:31 -0400
To: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com

DK> What's happening?  What are Netscape's and Microsoft's plans vis a
DK> vis Digest?

  For those who missed the IAB report on security issues, the first
  thing on their list of 'things to be killed asap' was 'sending
  passwords in clear'.

  I believe that Basic authentication falls in this category.

  I'd like to extend the question to other browser vendors.

--
Scott Lawrence                                       <lawrence@agranat.com>
Agranat Systems, Inc.                               http://www.agranat.com/