Digest Authentication, Netscape, and Microsoft

From: Dave Kristol <dmk@bell-labs.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 17:42:45 -0400
To: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
As I prepared my IETF trip report, I found the following remarks from the
previous (San Jose) meeting:

(In a private conversation I had with Jim Gettys, W3C, I learned that
Netscape's earlier objections to Digest have been resolved, although it
appears to me that the current draft does not include the changes that
would make them happy.  In any case, apparently future Netscape browsers
will support Digest.)

Supposedly Netscape was going to propose changes to address their concerns,
but I have seen no such proposals.

What's happening?  What are Netscape's and Microsoft's plans vis a vis Digest?

Dave Kristol