Re: mid-course errors

From: Bob Denny <rdenny@dc3.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 07:11:21 -0700
To: Dave Kristol <dmk@research.bell-labs.com>, http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
OK, don't laugh... For CGI, WebSite spools the output by default (you can
disable it) into a file which is implemented as a privately backed block of
expandable virtual memory. This has a few advantages and the obvious CPU/disk
hit and reduction of capacity. The advantages are (1) you can rewind the
output stream and send a non-200 response at any time, and (2) Keep-Alive is
retained without chunking because you can get the content-length. The latter
"advantage" will fade with time, of course.

  -- Bob