Re: HTTP/1.1 Pipelining

From: Josh Cohen <josh@birdcage.mcom.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 19:35:06 -0700 (PDT)
To: "David W. Morris" <dwm@xpasc.com>
Cc: Josh Cohen <josh@netscape.com>, http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com

> Yes ... but there are some reasons why it may not be advisable from a
> implementation design perspective.  Consider the case where request
> below to foo.com takes forever to discover the DNS name is invalid.
> The response from bar.com must wait and the requesting client has no
> clue why.
> Dave Morris

I agree that its a difficult implementation to handle, but the case you
mention isnt the one I was thinking about.
What do we do with sticky headers?  Should each origin server get
1 copy of the sticky headers? Should the client have to specify
sticky headers for the 1st request to a new origin server in a pipeline?

Josh Cohen				        Netscape Communications Corp.
Netscape Fire Department	     	       "Mighty Morphin' Proxy Ranger"
Server Engineering
josh@netscape.com                       http://home.netscape.com/people/josh/