Ignore proxy

From: Adam Wierzbicki <adamw@icm.edu.pl>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 13:28:30 +0200 (MET DST)
To: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
Cc: adamw@icm.edu.pl, mkur@icm.edu.pl, jwr@icm.edu.pl, wojsyl@icm.edu.pl

Please ignore this message if it is a FAQ.

I wanted to know if there is a way for a proxy to tell a client
any/all of the following things:

1. Ignore me and fetch this document yourself. (but if you call me
again I might change my mind.)

1a. Ignore me for some time.

2. I will not fetch this for you.  (the "Not Authorized"  response?)

2a. I will not cache this for you.

I see this as a way (analagous to "Come Back Later") for a very busy
proxy to tell clients that they are on their own.  Also, a caching
proxy might want to tell a user agent that it will not cache its
requests.  Of course, there are problems with proxies which are
gateways -- they should never refuse proxying, but still might refuse
caching.

Thank you in advance.