Process for closing out issues list

> I see that the link `The process used to close out the issues for
> Proposed Standard' still leads to a `not found' error.  I find this
> worrying.

Please do not worry. We have already completely closed out all of the
issues for 'proposed standard'. We're now working on 'draft standard',
and the criteria are very different.

> I had hoped that some subgroup would be set up to generate
> proposed resolutions before Memphis, so that people would have the
> chance to check these resolutions against the discussions in the
> mailing list archive beforehand.

There is no point in having a 'subgroup' unless it is the group
of 'those who have implemented HTTP/1.1', since the criteria
for Draft Standard center around interoperable implementations.

Here's the process:

Everyone who has implemented an HTTP/1.1 client, server, or proxy is
invited to review the issue list and note how they resolved the issue
in their implementation.

Send mail to http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com with your collected list.

If an issue is about something that no one actually implemented, well,
we don't need to spend any time on it, since we'll have to toss it
when we go to Draft Standard anyway.

Everyone else (those who have not implemented an HTTP/1.1 client,
server or proxy), is asked to please hold their comments.

Regards,

Larry Masinter
(as HTTP-WG chair)