RE: Issues with the cookie draft

We all agree that the spec prevents completely legitimate behavior. Thus
demonstrating there is a flaw in the spec. My understanding of IETF
procedure is that the onus is now on the spec's editor to either fix the
flaw or remove the offending section. Is my understanding inaccurate?

BTW, in the near future it is very likely that control over the top
level domains will be opened to competition. Thus, in theory at least,
the foobar company could purchase a top level domain name of "foobar".
Thus their site would be foobar,www.foobar, or what have you. This spec
will now prevent them from being able to share cookies across www.foobar
and foobar.

			Yaron

PS Anyone who says "Wait a minute, that won't be allowed, you will
always have to be at least two levels" doesn't appreciate the
unbelievable worth of having your own top level domain name. Can you
imagine how much a company would be willing to pay to allow people to
just type in their company name on a command line and get their web
site?