Re: http-equiv and new http headers

From: David W. Morris <dwm@xpasc.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 18:22:05 -0800 (PST)
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU>
Cc: advax@triumf.ca, http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com

On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> The server is fully capable of controlling what it sends.

And the UA of choosing what it might interpret.

The last time I looked carefully, there is no requirement in either the
HTML or HTTP specifications that either the server or the UA do anything
with the HTTP-EQUIV or any other meta data value. Perhaps I missed
something so my point is out of date, but I think one must examine the
server/UA pair implementation to learn what is done.

Dave Morris