Re: Unverifiable Transactions / Cookie draft

From: M. Hedlund <hedlund@best.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 09:58:03 -0800 (PST)
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Cc: Dwight Merriman <dmerriman@doubleclick.net>, http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com

On Sun, 16 Mar 1997, Larry Masinter wrote (re: rationale for privacy
requirements):
> Given how often this issue seems to be raised, do you think it would
> help to have a more explicit rationale for this design beyond the mail
> messages and and the blow-by-blow commentary of the minutes?

I've thought about this a fair amount since receiving this message, but I
am satisfied with the language of section 7.1 (Privacy: User Agent
Control).  It doesn't seem to me that the dispute arises from confusion
over the intent of the draft; instead, we seem to be arguing over the
appropriateness of that intent.

M. Hedlund <hedlund@best.com>