UA Hint Proposal ... Interim Draft

From: David W. Morris <dwm@xpasc.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 01:12:19 -0800 (PST)
To: http working group <http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com>

I have submitted internet draft:

      draft-ietf-http-uahint-00.txt

Which proposes a new UA-Hint: header as a mechanism by which an
application (server) can control/influence a number of behaviors of the
user agent. Included is a syntactic alternative to the Safe: header
proposed in draft-holtman-http-safe-01.txt and several History List
control mechanisms.

An interim copy of the draft is available as:

    http://www.xpasc.com/ietf/draft-ietf-http-uahint-00.txt

This draft is a long overdue followup on the work item I left the
San Jose IETF meeting with based on my verbal proposal to the group.
I'm sorry this took so long to get done. I won't bother ya'll with all
of my reasons/excuses.

Dave Morris