New content negotiation draft available

From: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 16:19:23 +0100 (MET)
To: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
Cc: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>

I have made a revised version of the transparent content negotiation draft
available at the usual place:

The new draft is draft-ietf-http-negotiation-01.txt .  It incorporates all
comments I got on the -00 version, both on an off the list.

Major semantical changes are:

     - The TCN header has been introduced to reduce the requirements
       in section 10 on the use of existing HTTP/1.1 headers and the
       Alternates header.  This reduction in requirements should make
       it easier to use these headers in other negotiation schemes.

     - The requirement that proxies filter out illegal choice

I also made a lot of improvements to the presentation, and even capitalised

A version with changebars is also available, but there are no HTML versions.

I submitted the draft to the ID editor, but I have no idea how long it will
take to process.  I suggest that you review the version with changebars on
the web site.

Happy reading!