Re: Claification requested in Host:

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 15:32:34 -0500
To: touch@isi.edu, http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com, fielding@kiwi.ICS.UCI.EDU

>This can be fixed by requiring the client to do resolution
>with reverse lookup to submit complete names to the proxy.

I had this code in libwww for a long time as part of the URL
canonicalization algorithm. However, resolving names in your own domain
mostly gives you the local address and there was no way that I could get a
cross-platform implementation reliably finding it's own domain name.
Factors like NIS and badly configured domains makes this impossible in
practise so I had to disable it. Sad, huh?

Henrik
World Wide Web Consortium, MIT/LCS NE43-346