Re: [Fwd: Re: PEP draft for review]

Dan Connolly:
>Koen Holtman wrote:
>> You have Protocol and C-Protocol headers.  Why don't you have
>> Protocol-Info and C-Protocol-Info headers?
>
>Protocol C-Protocol are request/response headers: they give information
>about the transaction, and a distinct header field name is necessary
>for proper integration with the HTTP 1.1 Connection: header field
>mechanism.
>
>Protocol-Info, on the other hand, is an entity header: it applies
>to resources, either those explicitly named using the "for" syntax,

Doesn't protocol-info apply to a single hop in the connection, not to the
resource on the origin server, when {scope conn} is used?

I think using C-protocol-info in stead of Protocol-info: ..  {scope conn} ..
may make some things easier for proxies and for 1.0 compatibility.  Wouldn't
proxies have to strip off the hop-only protocol info when relaying the
message to the next hop?

>Dan

Koen.