Cache-control: proxy-maxage as MUST for HTTP/1.1?

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 17:31:57 PST
To: http-wg%cuckoo.hpl.hp.com@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Jeff Mogul writes (privately) with respect to hit metering:

# ... the most important prerequisite is that the WG agree on our
# proposal for adding Cache-control: proxy-maxage as a MUST for
# HTTP/1.1.  Once we have this nailed down, a fair amount of the
# discussion in the hit-metering draft can be deleted and/or made more
# concrete.

So, what do you think about this? (Technically, avoid the "process"
Proposed/Draft etc issues for the moment.)

Larry